To begin an assessment, a user must have the medical device in their Assessment Inventory to execute an Assessment against.
1. Log in to MDRAP.
2. Click on the Go to Assessments link in the middle of the screen or click on the Assessments tab in the blue navigation bar across the top of the screen.
3. Click the RED PLUS SIGN at the top right, to Create a New Assessment.
4. The Create Assessment pop up box is displayed. In the Search Inventory search bar, enter the name of the device you want to assess from your organization's device inventory. In the screenshot below we entered Philips IntelliVue MP30 in the Search Inventory search bar, and 4 devices from the organization's device inventory are displayed.
5. Click on the device you want to assess from your search results. In the screenshot below, the IntelliVue MP30 Patient Monitor-2 was selected.
6. MDRAP restricts Assessment Questionnaire Forms by organization and survey type. HDO users can select only the MDISS Questionnaire, which is the recommended default for HDO risk assessments and associated risk scoring results.
8. Click the Add button to create and begin the Assessment. The Assessment Questionnaire opens in a new window and displays a list of all Control Categories on the left hand side of the screen as interactive hyperlinks to enable the user to navigate all of the risk assessment questions by control category that need to be answered. A partial list of the Control Categories for a MDISS Assessment for the IntelliVue MP30 Patient Monitor - 2 is shown below.
9. Click on one of the Control Categories on the left hand side of the screen and it will route to a screen that enables the user to navigate all of the risk assessment questions within that control category that need to be answered. To include additional comments regarding each question, click on the Add Comment button below each question.
10. A new Add Comment window will open that includes the assessment question that the comment pertains to along with a box to include pertinent comments.