When an HDO or a Proxy user has requested Pre-Procurement Assessment from an MDM, any MDM user can complete the assessment on behalf of their organization.
To start the assessment the MDM user can either click the link provided in the e-mail, which will direct him to the assessments list (step 3.) or login to the system and navigate to the Assessments page (step 1.).
1. Log In to MDRAP.
2. Click on the Go to Assessments link in the middle of the screen or on the Assessments link in the blue navigation bar across the top of the screen.
3. From the Assessments page, select Pre-Procurement tab.
4. Locate the Pre-Procurement Assessment to be completed from the Pre-Procurement list and click the assessment name (second column from the left e.g. in below example PPA: MDM Assessment for LOGIQ S8)
5. Once the Assessment is selected, the system will display a list of the control categories and the completion status of the questions in each control category. Select any Control Category, on the left side of the screen to begin or continue answering the assessment questions.
6. The corresponding questions to be answered for the category will appear based on the selected Control Category.
7. Answer (select the response) to the associated questions. Click NEXT button at the bottom right of the screen after answering each question to save the answer and navigate to the next question in the assessment questionnaire. As questions are answered and saved, the progress meter for each Control Category will increment based on percentage complete and filled in accordingly.
NOTE: All Control Category progress meters must be 100% for the Risk Assessment to be considered complete (green SUBMIT button will be shown only when the assessment is 100% complete).
9. Once all questions for each Control Category have been completed, click the SUBMIT button to lock all answers and submit the assessment. No changes can be made to the assessment after the SUBMIT button has been pressed.
10. When opening the completed/submitted assessment by clicking on the assessment name, the completed assessment opens in a new window and a "LOCK" icon is displayed in the Assessment header indicating that the assessment is submitted and all answers are locked.
11. When the manufacturer "SUBMITS" (not just completes) the completed assessment, the user that requested the Pre-Procurement Assessment will get an email notification that the assessment is available for review. The completed assessment can be accessed via the either from the Pre-Procurement tab on the Assessments page or from the Pre-Procurement tab on the Device Inventory page by clicking the "View Manufacturer Assessment" icon of the requested Pre-Procurement device. Using the link from the e-mail user is directed to their Device Inventory.
12. Submitted Pre-Procurement Assessment is always shared with the requesting organization, for others, the access is determined by the MDM's Assessment sharing settings.
NOTE: Assessment results can be viewed via the View Assessment Report and View Results icons without clicking on the SUBMIT button. Organizations can view the results, take remediation actions to improve the security of the device, and edit/update answers to the assessment questions prior to clicking on the SUBMIT button.
NOTE; Completed Pre-Procurement i.e. MDM Assessment generates an MDS2 entry and a downloadable file for the MDS2 library.
To understand the risk scoring/results of a Risk Assessment, read View Risk Scoring Results Graph.