When an HDO or a Proxy user has requested Pre-Procurement Assessment from an MDM, any MDM user can complete the assessment on behalf of their organization.
To start the assessment the MDM user can either click the link provided in the e-mail, which will direct him to the assessments list (step 3.) or login to the system and navigate to the Assessments page (step 1.).
1. Log In to MDRAP.
2. Click on the Go to Assessments link in the middle of the screen or on the Assessments link in the blue navigation bar across the top of the screen.
3. From the Assessments page, select Pre-Procurement tab.
4. Locate the Pre-Procurement Assessment to be completed from the Pre-Procurement list and click the icon for Copy Answers For This Assessment (available when there are MDM Assessments available for the same product code)
5. Select the assessment which answers will be copied to this Pre-Procurement Assessment and click COPY
6. When answers have been copied to the Pre-Procurement Assessment, the system will display a list of the control categories and the completion status of the questions in each control category. Select any Control Category, on the left side of the screen to start updating the answers for the assessment questions. After you have finished updates, click SUBMIT to submit your assessment to the PPA requestor.
NOTE: Assessment results can be viewed via the View Assessment Report and View Results icons without clicking on the SUBMIT button. Organizations can view the results, take remediation actions to improve the security of the device, and edit/update answers to the assessment questions prior to clicking on the SUBMIT button.
NOTE: Completed Pre-Procurement i.e. MDM Assessment generates an MDS2 entry and a downloadable file for the MDS2 library.
To understand the risk scoring/results of a Risk Assessment, read View Risk Scoring Results Graph.